SSO - Single Sign On (through Awardco Rep) Follow
This article will help you take advantage of Single Sign On as a credentialing method for accessing the Awardco platform.
Note: SSO is an authentication method that allows your users to login with username and password from your company directory. This increases security and eases administration of the accounts, and makes it simple for your users to utilize your recognition program. In order to integrate with Awardco through SSO, you will need to be using an Identity Provider (idP) that is compatible with SAML 2.0.
Examples of SAML 2.0 Directories
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Azure Active Directory
Steps to Utilize SSO with your Awardco Platform
- Contact CSM about configuring SSO
- Retrieve the Metadata file from your SAML 2.0 User Directory and send it to your CSM
- Your CSM will send you a Metadata file with the required information to configure you User Directory
- Test SSO and adjust as needed
For steps to configure through the admin portal, see this article.
In order for SSO to function, a user will need to exist in both the Identity Provider (your user directory) and in the Service Provider (the Awardco Platform.) They will be matched on a unique identifier. This can be either the Employee ID, Email, or Username as listed in your user upload .csv files.