Workday Integration Follow
If you use Workday as your HRIS, this integration will help you to automate your uploading of user data into the Awardco Platform.
NOTE: Steps to automate can be complicated and cumbersome, while we know this integration will greatly facilitate and relieve stress, we recommend that you work together with your Awardco Implementation Consultant or Client Success Manager to successfully configure your Workday integration.
Steps to Integrate from Workday
Each step here is liked to it's corresponding directions; these steps are sequential:
- Create a Custom Report
- Add Report Fields
- Create an Integration System User (ISU)
- Create Security Group for ISU/Report Access
- Assign Domains to Security Group
- Share the Report
- Transfer Report Ownership
- Send ISU Credentials and Report URL to Awardco
Step 1: Create a Custom Report
- Navigate to your Workday HRIS and sign in
- Click "Create a Custom Report"
- Name the report
- Select "Advanced" as the Report Type
- Check "Enable as Web Service"
- Uncheck "Optimized for Performance" (this will need to be unchecked in order to select the correct data source)
- Select "All Active Employees" as the Data Source
- Click "OK"
Step 2: Add Report Details
- Click the "+" Icon to add multiple fields
- Under the field column, type keywords to search for the field you would like to add (the following are the fields that Awardco will need to upload user information into the platform)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Column Heading Override: Do not configure this information at this time, after your file has been shared, we will override the Header information within the Admin settings in the Awardco Platform
- Column Heading Override XML Alias: Workday auto populates a value here when a Column Heading Override field has been filled in, as long as you leave it blank in the previous step, this field should also remain blank
After completing, end result should look like this:
Step 3: Create an Integration System User (ISU)
An ISU will be needed to own and run a report:
- Navigate to the Workday search bar and type: "Create Integration System User" and click the task
- Create a Username and Password (these credentials will be given to Awardco, makes sure you note and remember the password)
- It is recommended to label your Integration System User with the prefix "ISU" in front of your chosen username (example: ISU_Awardco)
- Ensure your password is secure by following Workday best practices. (The password can be updated at a later date if forgotten or a need to be changed.) To update the password:
- Search ISU in the search bar
- Search category must be "All of Workday"
- Click your ISU and on the "View Workday Account" page, click the related actions, hover over "Security Profile" and click "Edit Workday Account"
- Check “Do Not Allow UI Sessions” (this box prevents others to log in to the Workday user interface using ISU credentials, the ISU will still be able to use web services/integrations)
- Click "Ok"
Step 4: Create Security Group for ISU/Report Access
- Next we need to create a security group to assign the ISU to. Go to the search bar and type "Create Security Group", click the task.
- Type of Tenanted Security Group: select "Integration System Security Group (Unconstrained)"
- Name the security group, best practices suggest having the label "ISSG" somewhere in the security group name (example: ISSG_Awardco).
- Click OK
5. On the next screen under "Integration System Users" select the ISU you previously created and click OK
Step 5: Assign Domains to the Security Group
Navigate to your security group you just created (if you’re unable to locate it, you can search for the name in the search bar, and make sure your search option is “All of Workday” on the left column). Go to the security group’s related actions icon, hover over “Security Group” and click “Maintain Domain Permissions for Security Group”
2. Under “Domain Security Policies permitting Modify access” and “Domain Security Policies permitting Get access” add the appropriate domains listed in the screenshot below:
3. Once added, go to the search bar and type "Activate Pending Security Policy Changes" and click the task
4. You are required to enter a comment about which security you are activating, once entered, click OK.
5. On the next screen you will see a review of the security domains you are activating, check the "Confirm" box and click OK.
Step 6: Share the Report
- Navigate back to your report. Under the "share" tab is where you can specify who should have access to the report.
- Note: if you do not share the report definition with anyone or yourself and you transfer the ownership to the ISU (which will be the next step) you will not be able to easily see the report after. You will have to use the task "View Custom Report" to find the report again.
When sharing a report, consider these three options:
Step 7: Transfer Report Ownership
1. Navigate to your report. On the report's related actions, hover over "Custom Report" and click "Transfer Ownership"
2. Select the ISU User as the new owner and click "Ok"
Step 8: Send ISU Credentials and Report URL to Awardco
1. For Awardco to access this data, they will need the ISU credentials and the report URL.
- User: ISU_Awardco (or the name of your Integration System User)
- Password: The password you entered when the ISU was created
2. To find the Report URL, navigate to your report and go to the related actions. Hover over "Web Service" and click "View URLs"
3. There are a few options to select output; however, our system requires that you select ".csv" as the file format. Scroll to the appropriate section and click the box icon to open the output URL.
4. Copy the URL and send this to your CSM or Implementation Consultant. You will see a Sign In window populate, but you do not need to “login” in order to retrieve the URL. However, you can test the ISU credentials here to see if the data will populate or not.
If you are unable to see the URL, the URL for report output follows this pattern:
If you have any questions, please contact our Awardco Support Team.