Learn how to use a group based multi level hierarchy system. This feature allows for the following:
- Role-based reporting. Only view the data for employees underneath you in a company hierarchy.
- Inherit a group monetary budget based off of where you lie in the hierarchy.
Log In to your account > Click Admin > Settings > Groups >
Add, edit, or delete groups as you see fit
Step by Step Instructions
- Sign into your account
- Click Admin
- Click on Settings and then click on Groups
- Add, edit or delete groups. Drag the groups around to display the structure.
- After the structure is setup, click Save.
- Next step is to assign the employees to the various groups within the hierarchy. You can do this in three ways, manually, CSV bulk upload, or through our API.
- Click Users
- Click on the Employees Name
- Click on the Group
- Select the appropriate group for the employee and click OK
- Click Submit to save the changes.
- Download the CSV template (attached in this article)
- Match the Group Name created in the hierarchy with the Group Name in the CSV file. The names must be spelled correctly in order for the system to match. The names are not case sensitive.
- The only required fields in the CSV are, first name, last name, role, email. If the employee does not have an email, we can place a fake email to justify that requirement. The employee can then login with the employee ID
- NOTE: The role is what assigns the appropriate permissions a user can preform. To learn more about roles click here.
- Submit your CSV file to your Awardco Client Success Rep, who will then upload the file into your account.
ADVANCED: Your IT team can post the CSV file automatically on a specific day and time to a unique link Awardco will provide, so make this process automatic. Talk to support if this feature if of any interest.
- View the Awardco API at code.awardco.com/api
- Schedule a phone call with Awardco's IT team to learn more about the API integration. Talk to a Client Success Representative today.
If you feel this article left your questions unanswered, please let us know how we can improve and clarify this topic by commenting below.