Admin Queues and Bulk Recognitions Follow
Keeping track of employee recognition in large organizations can be a difficult task. The Awardco platform provides a feature in the admin section that allows managers and administrators to see upcoming recognitions in their organization. These pending awards are contained in the queues tab in the admin section of your account.
As a refresher from the Admin Essentials article, bulk recognition is a feature in your platform that allows you to load upcoming awards and bulk awards. Using bulk recognition you are able to send as few or as many recognitions as you want and schedule them for later in the same day or for the upcoming days, weeks, and years. As the bulk recognize feature is in essence a recognition scheduler, the feature is contained in the queue tab of the admin section.
To navigate to the bulk recognition feature, click the Admin button in the top right corner of the screen to bring up the correct tab options. Select the Queues tab to display the bulk recognition feature.
View Pending and Completed Recognitions
On the bulk recognition page in the queue tab you will be presented with three submenus. These are the pending, completed, and errors submenus. Interact with each of these submenus to view recognitions that are scheduled, have been sent, or are experiencing some issues in sending.
Pending displays recognitions scheduled to go out in the future. You are able to delete recognitions from this submenu to prevent the sending of any scheduled recognition. If you delete a pending recognition from the pending queue, the award will not be sent.
Completed contains recognitions that have already gone out. After a recognition is sent, removing the recognition will likely require the involvement of your account manager. If a recognition is listed in completed, the emails pertaining to the recognition have been sent and cannot be recalled. If you would like to take action with a recognition that has already processed and is listed in the completed queue, please contact your Awardco account manager.
Errors shows recognitions that were scheduled to go out in the past, but were unable to send due to the specified error. The most common errors are 'User is Archived' or 'Insufficient Funds.' The 'User is Archived' error means the award recipient's account was archived before the pending recognition was processed. If the user was archived by mistake or the employee has been reactivated and the award now needs to be sent, you are able select the recognition and click the Pending button just under the Upload CSV button to move the recognition from the errors queue back to the pending queue. If the error is listed as 'Insufficient Funds,' you will need to add additional funds into the budget the recognition is attempting to access. After you have loaded funds into the budget, you can use the Pending button above the directional arrows to move the recognition back to the pending queue.
Schedule New Recognitions Through Bulk Recognition
Please work with your account manager to ensure all fields are filled out correctly before uploading a file. Emails cannot be un-sent, and points are difficult to retract.
- Click the 'Upload CSV' button in the top right corner of the screen. You will be taken to the bulk recognize upload page
- On this page, download the bulk recognize file template, by clicking the 'Download Template' hyperlink
- Fill out the template in Excel. Each row corresponds to one recognition. If this is your first time compiling a bulk recognition file, please review the section below and speak with your Account Manager to ensure the file you are loading is correct. Once an award is sent, it is difficult to delete and retract points, especially if a portion of those have been spent. Avoid mistakes by reviewing the document with your account manager.
- Save the template as a .csv file
- Upload the file by clicking "Choose File" on the bulk recognize page. From the pop-up screen, the file you would like to load. Finally, click 'Save'.
- If your file is loaded successfully, you will receive a dialogue window that says, "The import completed successfully." If there are any errors in the file, the file will not load until those errors are addressed. If your file has errors, they will be individually listed below the save button. For assistance troubleshooting errors, speak with your Awardco account manager.
Please note, any recognition dates in the past will send out at the top of the next hour. This applies to the recognitions being scheduled, their corresponding emails, and any listed manager notifications.
Building a CSV File for Bulk Recognition
To better explain the upload process, we've attached a PDF to the bottom of this article that will walk you through each column in the file template and explain, with examples, how the file is to be built. There is also a sample CSV file attached for your reference. As always, if you have any questions about this or any other platform process, please contact your account manager.
If you feel this article left your questions unanswered, please contact your account manager so we can better assist you.