Keeping track of employee recognition in large organizations can be a difficult task. The Awardco platform provides a method to schedule upcoming and recurring recognitions for your entire organization through the Bulk Recognize option. Successfully utilizing Bulk Recognition can be a challenging process so if at any point during implementation you find yourself stuck or unsure, to avoid costly mistakes, please feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Representative.
Sign in to your company's Awardco website > Select Admin > Select Users >
Select Bulk Recognize > Select Choose File > Select Save >
If an error appears, make necessary changes until
Recognitions appear in Pending
NOTE: If you suspect any errors, please contact your account Customer Success
Representative. Emails cannot be un-sent and points are difficult to retract.
Step by Step Instructions
Getting to Bulk Recognition
After signing into your company's Awardco website, select Admin to bring up the correct tab options. Select the Users tab under your company's logo in the upper left portion of the screen. Just below the Return button at the top of the employee roster is the Bulk Recognize button. Select this to continue to the Bulk Recognize screen.
View Pending and Completed Recognitions
To simply see the queue of recognitions scheduled to go out or those that have gone out select between "Pending", "Completed", and "Errors"
Pending Recognitions are those scheduled to go out in the future.
Completed Recognitions are those that have gone out in the past.
Errors are recognitions that were scheduled to go out in the past, but were unable to send due to the specified error.
NOTE: Please contact your account rep if there are any items in the "errors" tab.
Schedule Recognitions Through Bulk Recognition
Please work with your account rep to ensure all fields are filled out correctly before uploading a file. Emails cannot be un-sent, and points are difficult to retract.
- Download the template, by clicking the 'Download Template' Hyperlink.
- Fill out the template in excel. Each line corresponds to one recognition. (details on filling out the file are below)
- Save the template as a .csv file.
- Upload the file by clicking "choose file" on the Bulk Recognize page, then selecting the file, then click 'save'.
Please note, any dates in the past will send out within an hour, at the top of the hour. This applies to the recognitions being scheduled and their corresponding emails AND manager notifications.
Filling Out the Bulk Recognition File
Columns A through H in the template are in reference to the employee. Columns I though J are for a separate email to be sent to the manager, or other individual.
Recognition Date (ISO 8601)
- Time Format is in recorded in ISO 8601 in order to schedule recognitions down to the hour. This format is displayed as follows:
Date, time, time zone offset from UTC
YYYY-MM-DD T XX:XX:XX +/-XX:00
- For example:
2017-07-04T09:00:00-04:00 means the recognition and email are scheduled to go out on July 4, 2017 at 9am EDT.
- US Time Zones:
-05:00 CDT, EST*
-06:00 MDT, CST*
-07:00 PDT, MST, Arizona*
*Daylight Savings Time in the US is typically March-November
Other time zone offsets can be found at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UTC_time_offsets
ALL dates in the past will be sent out at the top of the hour following the upload. For example, if 2018-01-01T09:00:00-05:00 is entered, the recognition will send out within an hour, as this date has passed. The date needs to be the recognition date, NOT the hire date, or date of birth, for example.
From User (Employee Id/Email)
- Who is this coming from? Typically Service awards, birthdays, etc. come from ‘the company’ and not from an individual. User ID #1 is usually used for the general company profile.
- Enter as their Email address or EE ID#, NOT their name.
To User (Employee Id/Email)
- Who is receiving the recognition?
- Enter as their Email address or EE ID, NOT their name.
- What would you like displayed in the recognition feed?
- Typically for Service Awards this will say “Congratulations on your [XX] year anniversary with [company]!” or "[XX] year anniversary with [company]"
- The 'Note' is not only the display text in the platform, but is also a field that can be customized in email templates with the "Recognition text" Variable.
Amount (USD) [or real currency used in the system, IE GBP, CAD, etc]
- The Dollar amount that the employee will receive for this recognition.
- Enter in the CURRENCY (dollar) amount, NOT the POINT value.
- If no amount is to be awarded, leave these cells blank.
- NEGATIVE amounts may not be entered
- Multiple Budgets can be used to recognize employees. Be sure to designate which budget within the platform the reward should pull from. Please note the “From User” needs to have access to this budget for the recognition to succeed.
- Exception: ANYONE can draw from a budget WITHOUT any users or groups assigned.
- Enter exactly as the budget is named in Admin> Budgets [Case Sensitive].
- The various budgets can be found by navigating to Admin> Budgets. If there is no 'Budgets' tab in the Admin portal, Budgets are not turned on. If Budgets are not on, leave these cells blank.
- Should this post be public to anyone in the company to see, or only visible to the rewarder and recipient?
- Enter “Public” or “Private”
- If left blank, defaults to public. If social feed is off, no one will be able to see the recognition, even if it is marked as public.
- Several Templates may be created in the template wizard. Emails will use variable data in the template to individualize the message to the user.
- Designate which email template will be used here.
- Enter exactly as the template is listed in Admin> Settings> Recognitions [Case Sensitive].
- Email timing- Email is sent in conjunction with the recognition going out
- If left blank, no email will send. If no email is on file for the user being notified, an email cannot and will not be sent. The recognition will still process without an email being sent.
All notify fields are required if any notify fields are being used. If left blank, no secondary notifications will send.
Notify Manager (Employee Id/Email):
- Choose an individual (typically a supervisor/ manager) who will be notified of this recognition via email.
- Enter as their Email address or EE ID, NOT their name. This user also needs to be in the awardco system.
Notify Date (ISO 8601):
- Choose a date and time that this manager notification will send. See "Recognition Date (ISO 8601)" above for details on ISO 8601 format.
- Email is sent independent of the recognition- can be scheduled on a different date or different time.
Notify Email Template:
- Choose a template to be used to notify the manager. See "Email Template" above for details on Email templates.
- To send a 'Faux CC', enter the same template that will be sent to the employee. a copy of the email will be sent to the manager, although it will be sent in a separate thread, not as a true 'CC' or 'BCC'.
Please work with your account Customer Success Representative to ensure all fields are filled out correctly before uploading a file. Emails cannot be un-sent and points are difficult to retract. If you feel this article left your questions unanswered, please let us know how we can improve and clarify this topic by commenting below.