BambooHR Integration Follow
Awardco's integration with the BambooHR HRIS software makes it easier than ever for organizations using BambooHR to automate the transfer of their employee population file to Awardco's servers. To configure this integration, you must have administrator access to your organization's BambooHR platform. View this article to know how to set up the configuration and build the report that will be sent to your Awardco platform.
Creating the Report
To begin creating the BambooHR report that will be sent to the Awardco platform, login to your BambooHR account and click the Reports tab at the top of the screen. Then select “New Report”.
You’ll next be prompted to enter a report name; this name doesn’t have any requirements and can be whatever you’d like. Then, we’ll add the fields we’ll need for the report. We’ve listed our required fields below with an asterisk along with our recommended fields. It’s possible you have a variation of what’s listed below. Once we’ve added the fields below, we will edit their names to match what Awardco requires in the next step. Utilize the search box and type the following field names to be included in the report:
- Employee ID*
- First Name*
- Last Name*
- Hire Date
- Birth Date
- Supervisor ID
- Country Code (This field will be needed for international employees. Even if the country name is fully listed, please include this field. Awardco will make manual adjustments on the platform to convert the country names to the two letter country code.)
- Any metadata field that is pertinent to your recognition programs (i.e. #issupervisor)
Now that you’ve add the fields your want on your report, apply the following filtered results: show only employees that match all of the following criteria, Status is active.
Because the report headers need to match our approved user file headers exactly for the system to properly import the report to Awardco, it’s possible you’ll need to edit some of the column names. In this example, we have Preferred Name and Work Email fields that need to be changed to First Name and Email respectively. Access the column settings for both fields and edit both of those column headers. Hover over the field name and a gear icon will appear. Click on this icon to access the column settings to edit the name. Here’s a list of possible header changes:
- Work Email > Email
- Supervisor EID > Supervisor Id
- Country > Country Code
- Department > #Department
Locating the Integration Configuration Page
To begin, navigate to the BambooHR integration page in your Awardco recognition platform. This is reached by going to the Admin section of your account, clicking Settings, Integrations, and Details next to the BambooHR logo.
Configuring the Integration
On the BambooHR details page, fill each field by following the on-screen instructions.
- Subdomain - This is the first part of your custom BambooHR URL. If you access BambooHR at https//mycompany.bamboohr.com, then the subdomain is "mycompany".
- API Key - This key shows BambooHR that Awardco has your authorization to pull data from their systems into your Awardco platform. To generate an API key, log in to Bamboo HR as an administrator, navigate to your profile picture in the top-right corner of your account, and select "API Keys."
- Custom Report ID - This is the ID for the report you would like pulled into your Awardco platform. When selecting a report on the reports page — the ID can be found at the end of the URL. For example, if the report URL is, mycompany.bamboohr.com/reports/custom/reportname/143, the value you would input in this field is 143. Work with your Awardco Client Success Manager or Implementation Consultant when configuring the report in your BambooHR account. In most cases, the report you create should conform to the formatting requirements outlined in the Bulk User Import article.
- Frequency - This field designates the frequency with which the Awardco systems will import data from the BambooHR report specified in the previous field. While we are able to accommodate a daily and monthly cadence, we recommend a weekly transference of data for most clients. When choosing the weekly transference option, the integration will run on the day you activate this integration. For example, if you activate the integration on a Tuesday, the Awardco systems will call a new user file from BambooHR each week on Tuesday. When choosing the monthly transference option, the integration will run on the date you activate this integration. For example, if you activate the integration on the 25th, the Awardco systems will call a new user file from BambooHR each month on the 25th.
- Import Parameters - This advanced settings field will be used when you need to accommodate special requests in importing your file. This includes cases where the report you generate cannot conform to the file formatting requirements discussed above. The instructions entered here can also control how the Awardco systems import your data. For example, you can instruct the system to always override the email address stored in the Awardco systems with the value being imported for the user's email address in the new file. We strongly recommend scheduling a call with your Awardco point of contact to discuss these import parameters when configuring this integration.
Once these parameters have been set, make the integration active by selecting Activate under the Integration Status section. The integration will automatically pull users from the report created in BambooHr onto Awardco. Anytime changes to user information are made before the upload frequency cadence is reached, you’re able to select Start Import under the Manual Import section to manually push updates.
If you have any questions, please contact our Awardco Support Team.