BambooHR Integration Follow
Awardco's integration with the BambooHR HRIS software makes it easier than ever for organizations using BambooHR to automate the transfer of their employee population file to Awardco's servers. To configure this integration, you must have administrator access to your organization's BambooHR platform.
Locating the Integration Configuration Page
To begin, navigate to the BambooHR integration page in your Awardco recognition platform. This is reached by going to the Admin section of your account, clicking Settings, Integrations, and Details next to the BambooHR logo.
Configuring the Integration
On the BambooHR details page, fill each field by following the on-screen instructions.
- Subdomain - This is the first part of your custom BambooHR URL. If you access BambooHR at https//mycompany.bamboohr.com, then the subdomain is "mycompany".
- API Key - This key shows BambooHR that Awardco has your authorization to pull data from their systems into your Awardco platform. To generate an API key, log in to Bamboo HR as an administrator, navigate to your profile picture in the top-right corner of your account, and select "API Keys."
- Custom Report ID - This is the ID for the report you would like pulled into your Awardco platform. When selecting a report on the reports page — the ID can be found at the end of the URL. For example, if the report URL is, mycompany.bamboohr.com/reports/custom/reportname/143, the value you would input in this field is 143. Work with your Awardco Client Success Manager or Implementation Consultant when configuring the report in your BambooHR account. In most cases, the report you create should conform to the formatting requirements outlined in the Bulk User Import article.
- Frequency - This field designates the frequency with which the Awardco systems will import data from the BambooHR report specified in the previous field. While we are able to accommodate a daily and monthly cadence, we recommend a weekly transference of data for most clients. When choosing the weekly transference option, the integration will run on the day you activate this integration. For example, if you activate the integration on a Tuesday, the Awardco systems will call a new user file from BambooHR each week on Tuesday. When choosing the monthly transference option, the integration will run on the date you activate this integration. For example, if you activate the integration on the 25th, the Awardco systems will call a new user file from BambooHR each month on the 25th.
- Import Parameters - This advanced settings field will be used when you need to accommodate special requests in importing your file. This includes cases where the report you generate cannot conform to the file formatting requirements discussed above. The instructions entered here can also control how the Awardco systems import your data. For example, you can instruct the system to always override the email address stored in the Awardco systems with the value being imported for the user's email address in the new file. We strongly recommend scheduling a call with your Awardco point of contact to discuss these import parameters when configuring this integration.
If you feel this article left your questions unanswered, please contact your Client Success Manager so we can better assist you.