Report: Recognition Details Follow
We’ve made changes to our Recognition Details report to make it much easier to identify data trends in recognition and user engagement. This article will explain filters you can apply to narrow down specific data points in the Recognition Details report, and how to interpret the data visualizations provided.
To access the new Recognition Details report:
- Access “Admin Settings”
- Click on the “Reports” tab at the top of the screen.
- Find the “Recognition Details” reports on the “Featured” tab
- Click “Open”'
Before running the report, we’ll need to select data filters. Select as many as you’d like to narrow down exactly what you need. These are optional; for any filter that is not selected the report will assume a “Select All” option. The following filters are available:
- Time Frame: Select the time frame you’d like the report to pull data from. Select an option from the list of default periods or specify a custom date range. The toggle to the right allows you to pull data from your local time or UTC (Universal Time Coordinated.) UTC is recommended for reconciliation with Awardco reports.
- Budget: Select the budget(s) from which you’d like to show recognition data.
- Cost Center: If applicable, select the cost center(s) from which you’d like to see recognition data.
- Recognition Program: Specify the recognition program(s) from which you’d like to see recognition data
- Recognition Type: Specify if you’d like to see monetary or non-monetary recognition data. To see both, check Select All or select neither option.
- Hashtags: If your recognition programs utilize hashtags, select specific hashtags to view data from recognitions with those specific hashtags attached.
- From Group: Select the names of specific group managers to view recognitions given from employees that fall under those group managers in your organization’s hierarchy.
- From Status: Specify if you’d like to see recognitions given from Active or Archived employees.
- From Metadata: If you have employees with metadata tags on your user file, select specific metadata tags if you’d like to see data on recognitions given from employees with those metadata tags.
- To Group: Select the names of specific group managers to view recognitions received by employees that fall under those group managers in your organization’s hierarchy
- To Status: Specify if you’d like to see recognitions received by Active or Archived employees.
- To Metadata: If you have employees with metadata tags on your user file, select specific metadata tags if you’d like to see data on recognitions received by employees with those metadata tags.
If you plan on exporting the Recognition Details report, use the drop-down menu on the right to select columns that will appear on your exported .csv file. The column options are as follows:
- Date* (The date the recognition was given.)
- From Full Name*
- To Full Name*
- Points Awarded*
- Program Name*
- Recognition Note
- Program ID (An ID assigned by the platform to your recognition program.)
- Visibility (Public or Private)
- From Employee ID
- To Supervisor ID (The Supervisor ID of the person giving the recognition)
- To Email
- To Group (The Group Name [typically the name of the supervisor] of the employee giving the recognition)
- To Status (The employment status of the person giving the recognition [Active or Archived])
- Base Amount (The number of points the giver spent on the recognition; adjusted for PPP Tax Buffer, and Exchange rate)
- Base Currency
- User Amount (The number of points the receiver receives; adjusted for PPP, Tax Buffer, and Exchange rate)
- User Currency
- User PPP
- Exchange Rate
- Recognition ID (An Id assigned to recognition by the platform)
- Cost Center ID
- Cost Center Name
- Budget ID (An Id assigned to the budget upon creation by the platform)
- Taxable (Yes or No)
- UTC Date/Time
- From (metadata) (Metadata tags associated with the giver of the recognition)
- To (metadata) (Metadata tags associated with the receiver of the recognition)
*If no column specifications are applied, these columns will load by default.
Once you’ve selected your preferred filters, select “Run the Report” to display the data. If you’d like to export the data in a .csv format, select “Export”. If you’d like to save these search parameters, select “Save View” and enter a name for your saved view. The next time you access the Recognition Details report you can access this saved view in the drop-down menu at the top right. If you “star” or favorite a saved view, it will be the default report that loads first and runs automatically.
Now that you’ve run the report, you’ll see below several data visualizations and graphs. The following sections will explain each and help you interpret engagement trends and recognition program usage.
Key Data Metrics
Right below the data filters you’ll see 4 tiles with the data metrics: People Recognizing, People Recognized, Total Recognitions, Total Points Awarded. People Recognizing shows the total unique givers that have distributed recognitions, while People Recognized displays the total unique receivers of recognitions. All four numbers reflect the time period and any other filters applied in the previous steps.
This section displays total recognitions given in the form of a line graph. The X axis represents the time period selected; in this case the data is from January 1, 2022 to May 16, 2022. The Y axis reflects the number of recognitions given on the presented day, week, month, year etc. The solid line shows real time data and the dotted line represents data from the previous time period. There are three data metrics at the top of the graph that also summarize recognition data: Recognitions Submitted, People Recognizing, and People Recognized. You’ll see that percentage growth or decrease is also exhibited; this percentage growth or decrease represents the change in data between the time period selected and the previous time period.
This section displays total points awarded in the form of a line graph. The X axis represents the time period selected; in this case the data is from January 1, 2022 to May 16, 2022. The Y axis reflects the number of points given on the presented day, week, month, year etc. The solid line shows real time data and the dotted line represents data from the previous time period. There are four data metrics at the top that also summarize points awarded data: Total Points Awarded, Estimated Value of Points Awarded (value adjusted by PPP/exchange rate), Average Recognition Points, and Average Value of Points Awarded. You’ll see that percentage growth or decrease is also exhibited; this growth or decrease represents the change in data between the time period selected and the previous time period.
This section shows a pie chart that summarizes recognition data from different categories presented in the drop-down menu to the right of the graph title. The default view is "Recognition Program" which helps you see the top recognition and automated programs being utilized.
Looking at the drop-down, you can select from a list of the filters applied. For example, selecting “Budget” shows you the percentage of recognitions that come from specific budgets.
At the bottom of the page you’ll find the raw data that the data visualizations draw from above. If you were to export the report to a .csv file, this is the same format you would find. Use the search bar to search for keywords such as employee names, budget names, and recognition program names.
If you have any questions, please contact our Awardco Support Team.